Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Happening


It wasn't even like a normal scary movie with monsters and creepy things and phone calls in the middle of the night. It didn't have some weird twist at the end like most of his movies. But I am horrible at scary movies, and it freaked me out. I think it might have just been the way he did it, the music, and lack of music. I didn't look at half of it. When the guy was in front of the lawn mower, I yelled at my friends "I wanted to see WALL-E!".
But despite the various creative methods of death, it really wasn't that great of a movie. I didn't like any of the main characters. The trigger for the mass deaths was very easy to figure out, and doesn't even entirely make sense. (why would the bees vanish? bees pollinate plants, so plants need the bees, right?) I still don't understand why the old lady freaked out a couple of times. But it was entertaining, and scared the heck out of me, so I guess it was good enough. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, though.

No comments: