Thursday, March 8, 2007

Wild Hogs


Oh my, oh my, oh my. Just when I thought that Because I Said So was going to be the worst movie of the first quarter of the year, I went to see Wild Hogs. So hopeful was I that I went to see it at the drive-in during a snow squall to see it. I kept hearing from unnamed sources that it was going to AWESOME! It was truly awful. Looking back I can't remember where I heard Wild Hogs was any good. I hadn't read any reviews and I didn't know anyone who actually saw the movie prior to my treck out to the Dependable Drive-in. Maybe everyone, myself included, just figured that anything with William H. Macy was worth watching. I can't recall one clever moment in this movie. Not one. It is filled with jokes about middle aged men needing to go to the bathroom more often than they did when they were young. It contains a scene were the EVIL bikers threaten to burn down the cafe owned by the girlfriend of the GOOD bikers. This movie was so unfunny, it was sad. The only consolation was that, having seen it at the drive-in, it only cost me three dollars. What a disappointment. Oh yeah, it is the story of group of four middle-aged friends who decide to get away from their boring lives and take a road trip on their bikes. Sorry the summary wasn't more colorful, neither was the movie. Blah! Snooze!

No comments: