Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Hitcher 2007


I love a good horror movie and this is a GREAT one! This has to be one of the best I have ever seen. This story of a psycho hitch-hiker who stalks a couple of college kids on spring break is definately gory and definately not for kids! I haven't seen the 1986 version but I can't imagine it being any better than this. The Hitcher is more of a slasher film than a suspense movie, so if you are looking for strong character development or insight into why The Hitcher does what he does, you won't find it here. If you are looking for lots of opportunities to jump out of your seat and scream, this is the film for you. My friend and I saw this at the drive in and we didn't even notice the 20 degree temps, as the movie moves very quickly and is short to begin with- only 83 minutes. It really made me rethink my tendency to pick up hitch-hikers. That at the fact that my passenger side door no longer opens.

No comments: